Re: what kind of chip for 3c509(b)

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Jim McQuillan wrote:

> Can anybody tell me what kind of chip to use
> for a 3c509? (Old ISA board)

What a kind of chip? EPROM or do you mean the network processor on it?

> I don't have one of these boards, so I can't even
> tell how many pins it has.

I have a bunch of these running, it works fine with latest etherboot an
16k or 32k EPROMs. I think they only support up to 32k.

The problem with this card is that you have to choose the connector type
via the configuration tool. Dont wonder if TP doesn't work if you used the
board in an old cheaper net before...

So long,
	  Dirk