Re: BIOS flashed etherboot will not start

On 11-Apr-00 Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

> Lars Prieske wrote:
>>
>> On 11-Apr-00 Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
>> >

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > i managed to flash etherboot into an AWARD Bios on an ASUS P2B Mainbord,
>> > following the instructions in the README.
>> > However, the flashed code does not start. The system continues to boot
>> > from Floppy/HD, no message from etherboot.
>> > Even setting the boot option to "LAN/A/C" would not help.
>> >
>> > I also checked that the PCI/Vendor IDs are correct ( $10B7, $9055 ->
>> > 3c905b-tpo100.rom ).
>> > What would happen, if they don't match? Will etherboot start and report
>> > 'no card found'?
>> >
>> > I used cbrom 2.04, Bios is v4.51PG, 1011, etherboot 4.5.7.
>                                       --^^^^--
>> >
>> The bios version has to support oem bios. I have successfully patched a
>> AWARD
>> Bios of an ASUS P2B-N ACPI, but I needed the bios revision 1011. Earlier
>> versions doesn't work.
>>
>> Lars
>
> Hi Lars,
> Since i AM using 1011 (see above), the problem must be somewhere else.
> Can you please mail me,
>       - your cbrom command line
Remove the LAN-Bootcode from BIOS:
cbrom  xxxxx   /oem0   release
and add your own code:
cbrom  xxxxx   /oem0 yyyy.rom
The switch in bios setup ('LAN/A/C') you can ignore it (It has not a
function!?).
>       - etherboot or netboot
etherboot-4.4.2
>       - compressed or uncompressed
uncompressed
The network card is a Intel EtherExpressPro onboard.

It seems that only the OEM0-Code will boot by BIOS (in my case).

Lars