Wake on Lan the SERVER from Boot-Rom ?

Hi all,

I like to wake up my "Server" from one of the diskless Client
Boot-Rom's.

In 4.4.5 is the wol.c source in ./contrib/wakeonlan. I can build it and
it works. But this program need a running OS.

I need to include this function to send the packets to two NICs
before the bootp-request can be answered and the OS is loaded, because
the "server" that should answer the bootp may be sleep at this time.
( It is for home use, so the "server" don't run 24x7 )

I know, the NIC-HW-adresses must include in the ROM, but I by two NIC's,
so that one can fail later.

Can anybody tell me the way, etherboot build (for example the bootp)
packages, so that i can modify the code to WOL packages?

Of cause, there is the source, but im an beginner in HW-near
network programming. But PLEASE no referer to RFC's.

By

Joachim
--
mailto:joachim.wolff@gmx.net

Windows 9x kann dank 32 Bit alles ...
Wenn ich 32 Bitīs getrunken habe, glaube ich auch, dass ich alles kann