Re: Please Help: Root-NFS: No NFS Server

>We have about 12 other linux machines on this network, and I can mount
>/tftpboot/istreetlabs.com from many others. /etc/exports reads as:
>
>/tftpboot/istreetlabs.com    192.168.30.71(rw,no_root_squash) (DC)
>/tftpboot/istreetlabs.com    192.168.30.31(rw,no_root_squash)
>
>And yes, I'm positive that the DC kernel which gets xferd over via tftp was
>compiled with the root-nfs, auto-configure, bootp, etc.. and all the other op
>tions
>which are necessary.
>
>The documentation says that in 2.2 kernels the default is /tftpboot/<domain>,
> so my
>tftpboot contains the root file system under the dir /tftpboot/istreetlabs.co

Only if the hostname parameter is specified as such in bootptab or
dhcpd.conf.

I've always run DNS locally so I have hostnames in /etc/exports, I can't
say if your /etc/exports will do the right thing. Perhaps others can
comment. Are there any lines in the server log files, e.g. /var/log/secure
that indicate attempts to mount?