Re: DR-DOS problem

Hi, Ken!

> >I try to etherboot (temporarily from a floppy, not from EPROM yet) a
> >DR-DOS v7.03 image into an old 486DX2/66 PC. The configured system boots
> >OK from floppy, EMM386 does as it has to, no complaints. Then I mknbi-dos,
> >bootpef, etc. And here comes my pain: during bootup process EMM386
> >complains, that "Address line A20 is already enabled" and the system
> >crashes at the very first line of autoexec.bat.
>
> Somebody else reported problems with using a 7.03 bootblock a while
> back, but different symptoms, don't think he got as far as you. Sorry
> I don't remember the details. It seemed to work with 7.02 so you might
> try downgrading.

I was the guy. You noticed that something changed on DR-DOS 7.03 boot
sector and sent me a 720Kb floopy boot sector from DR-DOS 7.02. It
worked, but a 720Kb disk is too small to include the Netware (VLM)
client softare. I could not build a 1.44 boot from your boot sector, and
as a boot floppy was ok for my needs, I stopped there: working with
DR-DOS 7.03 and a boot floppy. But if someone can make a working
etherboot from 7.03 I'd switch to it.

[]s, Fernando Lozano