Re: DR-DOS problem

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Ken Yap wrote:

> >I try to etherboot (temporarily from a floppy, not from EPROM yet) a
> >DR-DOS v7.03 image into an old 486DX2/66 PC. The configured system boots
> >OK from floppy, EMM386 does as it has to, no complaints. Then I mknbi-dos,
> >bootpef, etc. And here comes my pain: during bootup process EMM386
> >complains, that "Address line A20 is already enabled" and the system
> >crashes at the very first line of autoexec.bat.
>
> Somebody else reported problems with using a 7.03 bootblock a while
> back, but different symptoms, don't think he got as far as you. Sorry
> I don't remember the details. It seemed to work with 7.02 so you might
> try downgrading.

Sorry, but I think it's not the case. Using the original DR-DOS 7.03
bootblock even doesn't start booting, I had to replace with 7.02
bootblock. Replacing whole stuff with pure 7.02 system? Dunno, maybe I'll
give it a try.

Unfortunatelly I have no other 486 to try now, tomorrow I'll go and get
one. If the problem is stuck to this certain type of BIOS or motherboard.

Meanwhile, could anyone confirm if etherbooting (4.4.3) DR-DOS 7.03 or
7.02 (using EMM386 !) into an old beast like this TI/Cyrix486DX2/66
works? (The BIOS is AMIBIOS 1994, 486DX ISA BIOS)

Sanyi

--
Sandor Dibuz  | email: ha3pg@rc1.pmmf.hu
Pecs, Hungary | AX.25: HA3PG@HA3PG.HUN.EURO