DR-DOS problem

Hiya all,

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I try to etherboot (temporarily from a floppy, not from EPROM yet) a
DR-DOS v7.03 image into an old 486DX2/66 PC. The configured system boots
OK from floppy, EMM386 does as it has to, no complaints. Then I mknbi-dos,
bootpef, etc. And here comes my pain: during bootup process EMM386
complains, that "Address line A20 is already enabled" and the system
crashes at the very first line of autoexec.bat.

It does nothing like that when I load the same direct out of the floppy. I
tried to load HIMEM.SYS before EMM386 as the mknbi-dos manpage advises,
but it doesn't help: then HIMEM.SYS also complains as "Cannot control
address line A20".

Booting MS-DOS v6.22 (with HIMEM.SYS /testmem:off) works fine. Maybe it
has something with the image loaded in wromg place for the DR-DOS, I don't
know.

Can anyone give me some clue on how to trace it down?

Etherboot is 4.4.3, btw.

I would happily supply further details if needed.

Thanks!

Sanyi

--
Sandor Dibuz  | email: ha3pg@rc1.pmmf.hu