Re: nfsroot ro

> I would be very interested in knowing what exactly you put
> into this 16 MB ramdisk. At the moment, I use / on NFS for my
> netboot machines, which takes about 100 MB space on the NFS
> server, with only /etc seperate for all machines. I have 32 MB
> ram on the clients, so your approach should work for me, too.
>
> Any information available on that topic?

I have /etc, /bin, /dev and /lib, others dirs (usr, sbin, root, home,
... ) are empty, altogether about 2-3MB for ramdisk.

/bin/init start and at first mount /bin /sbin /usr and /lib via NFS.
then continue start scripts from init.d.

/var, /tmp and swap is on local hd. /tmp is link to /var/tmp, and I mount
only /var.

poli