Re: nfsroot ro

Bob Edwards wrote:

> I am much keener on using an initial RAM disk for the whole of /,
> only mounting /usr and /home using nfs. I go for a 16MB initial RAM
> disk with all of /etc, /dev, etc. on it, but usually not much of
> /lib (I put the rest of the libraries into /usr/lib).
I would be very interested in knowing what exactly you put
into this 16 MB ramdisk. At the moment, I use / on NFS for my
netboot machines, which takes about 100 MB space on the NFS
server, with only /etc seperate for all machines. I have 32 MB
ram on the clients, so your approach should work for me, too.

Any information available on that topic?

--
Greetings
Pascal

(email cobol@nord-com.net, netmail 2:241/215.72, http://cobol.cjb.net)