Re: Question for LNE100TX and MX98715 Etherboot users

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, you wrote:
>  I found that by changing the above code to add an arbitrary 1 second
>  delay after starting the transmitter, the first BOOTP request was not
>  dropped, and it saved 9 seconds in the network booting sequence.
>  QUESTIONS:
>
>  Is anyone else seeing this delay with LNE100TX, MX98715  or other
>  tulip-based cards (brand names like LinkSys, Lite-ON, SOHOWare)?

Yes - I'm looking at a linksys lne100tx v2 card (lc82c115) with etherboot 4.4.2.
The first packet is lost, causing the delay...

>  If you are currently using the ntulip.c driver for Etherboot, could you
>  download the ntulip-0.75b6 from http://www.thinguin.org/ to see if you
>  get faster boot times with this beta version?

II just tried it out and it still has the delay (even added a printf to see
that the correct code was running)...

Michael