Re: mknbi-linux: Kernel image too large

> I have recently downloaded the netboot package from
> ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-powerpc/net
> and tried to build a netbootable kernel for a Motorola MVME2600/2300
> (PowerPC 604) embedded VMEbus processor. My development system is a
> MVME2600;
> hard disk based and running Linux 2.2.12/Debian.

"Etherboot" is PC specific and last time I checked that was also
true for "Netboot" (unless Gero totally revamped the code). The
"mknbi" programs will not work for you unless you port them to your
architecture (PowerPC). I am not ruling out that this can be done,
but I advise you that it will be more than just an afternoon's
work.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                                Resonate, Inc.
3637 Fillmore Street #106                      385 Moffett Park Drive