Re: Arcnet Booting

> Hi Jason,
>
> > I hope I'm not out of date here, but has anyone had any luck with using
an
> > Arcnet card for remote booting.. I had gotten it to work with 8.1 but
with
> > wrong NIC addressing so the ARPA didn't work right. On the other hand
9.0
> > doesn't seem to support it anymore.
>
> I had the same prob with the 8.1. (incorrect NIC)
>
> Arcnetsupport is IMHO still usefull, as arcnet meets some
realtime-requirements,
> ethernet can`t deal with.

What did you do? Do you have it working now. BTW: I was working on a fix for
8.1 to work, but to put it quite simply getting a 1 byte code from a memory
address seems to have a lot of people stumped. I'm not sure why.. All that
needs to be done is get the Address from say D0001 (I think) and move it to
an word 00:00:00:00:00:(Whatever)

Anyway, That's what I was working on before I lost it all in a crash,

BTW: the rest of the tftp and bootp/rarp works fine if you set the address
on the server to all zeros. but doesn't help if you have more then one
Client. :(

Later,
Jason A. Kendall
-
coolacid@home.com
coolacid@sympartico.ca
cool_acid@hotmail.com
jason@jakendal.dyndns.org
jason@jakendal.dhs.org
jakendal@learn.senecac.on.ca
-
www.jakendal.dyndns.org
www.jakendal.dhs.org

----
Sympatico Users Group:
www.sympaticousers.org
----
AMU - Advanced Maine Units
www.amunits.dhs.org
Due to the instability of Sympatico services, all email replies are sent to
alternate email accounts. I personally apologize to all correspondents if my
replies are delayed due to Sympatico's inability to provide a reliable
service. I, like many other past and present Sympatico HSE users, look
forward to using an alternative to Sympatico's dismal package for High Speed
access as soon as one becomes available to me.