Re: nknbi-linux --append

Thomas Huber wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> > Since it did not detect all 128 MB but 64 MB I added mem=128M to the
> > append
> > line. Then linux works fine. But I sometimes have strange effects with
> > my AGP-Card...
> > What does AGP-Aperture mean and to what value should I set it?
>
> This specifies the memory, your AGP-Card may use. Ususally, you set
> it to 1/2 of the system memory.
>
> The strange effects you notice might be caused by some fault of your
> board, or different types of memory, you tried to join.
> (Don`t mix ECC and NON-ECC for example.)
>
> Does your bios report 128MB ? Does Windows see 128MB ?

Seems to be a Board-Error. After booting a DOS-Disk I noticed that
DOS too wasn't able to access the hole memory. I didn't thought of
that possibility because the POST reported the correct amount.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.
--
Christian Schlichting             http://christian.schlichting.com
Studentenwohnheim "Langer Kamp"         http://www.lk.etc.tu-bs.de