Re: RTL-Poll Error and <sleep> for ever

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Marty Connor wrote:

> On 1/16/2000 8:16 AM dirk@goe.net Dirk von Suchodoletz wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Marty Connor wrote:
>
> >I tried to hit ESCAPE several times without success. Config options:
> ># For prompting and default on timeout
> >CFLAGS+=        -DASK_BOOT=5 -DANS_DEFAULT=ANS_NETWORK
>
> Could you try adding the following option in Config:
>
> #       -DCONGESTED     - turns on packet retransmission.  Use it on a
> #                         congested network, where the normal operation
> #                         can't boot the image.

I did. But I had the following problem then, seen on other systems to:

The machine got it dhcp answer (IP, network etc.) and then tried to get
its boot image but without success (other machines got it from the same
server so tftpd should be OK). After a reboot all was fine ...

I would say there was no improvement in performance with this option
turned on.

With tcpdump I can see for times the client asking for bootp/dhcp answer,
but after that nothing happens more. It prints this <sleep> info but I
cant see any more request on my ethernet ...

>    /usr/sbin/tcpdump -n | grep 192.168.2.100

I grep-ed for the MAC of the particuliar client, but I couldt see only the
first for request, then nothing...

Ciao,
	Dirk