Re: 3c905c support needed for etherboot

>>Steve, do you know if 3com permanently write-protected the bootblock of
>>the at49bv512 on the 3c905c-tx-m?

We did it on the 905b (prevented corruption of the ROM because of early faulty
USB devices). The 905c is not write protected.

>>It would also be very interesting to find out how easily the ROM image
>>on the 3c905c-tx-m would interoperate with an Etherboot type of environment,
>>or whether the protocols used are more proprietary in nature.

Not sure about interoperability with Etherboot - but our protocol support is
absolutely not proprietary. Our BOOTP / DHCP / PXE code adheres to and answers
most RFC-compliant boot servers that we are aware of , tested on VAX, vmWorks,
QNX, four different Linuxes, AIX, HP UX, Solaris, Unixware, NT, NetWare (they do
bootp / tftp with their NFS add-on), OS/2.

Steve

Greg Beeley <Greg.Beeley@LightSys.org> on 01/11/2000 11:01:49 AM

Please respond to netboot@baghira.han.de