Re: 3c905c support needed for etherboot

Robert - if you are talking about the existing EEPROM code that ships with the
card, feel free to e-mail us at lantech_support@3com.com. Support is free.

Regards,
===========================
Steve Marfisi
Manager, Technical Services
Lanworks Technologies Co.
3Com Business Connectivity Group

Phone:  905 238-5528
E-mail:   steve_marfisi@3com.com
===========================

Robert Thompson <robertt@stargate.cs.swau.edu> on 01/10/2000 11:27:30 PM

Please respond to netboot@baghira.han.de

To:   netboot@baghira.han.de
cc:    (bcc: Steve Marfisi/US/3Com)

Subject:  3c905c support needed for etherboot

What is needed to make the 3c905c etherbootable? Given that there is linux
driver source, I would think it wouldn't be too hard...

My supplier switched from 3c905B-TXM to 3c905C-TXM just in time to hamper
efforts to switch several labs over to an rsync-over-network scheme of
keeping Win9x working. The semester is just starting, and I would
much rather spend my time developing 905C drivers for etherboot
than spend it constantly reinstalling lab machines.

So, if someone could provide me with some hints to get started, I'll try
to get this working.

However, I have no clue about the EEPROM code for this card. Does anyone
know how to work with this?