Re: via-rhine

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 08:31:59AM +0800, Rudhuwan Abu Bakar wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, jyllyj wrote:
>
> we are using netboot-0.8.1 also.You need to have a packet driver for the
> card.Usually it comes with the card you purchased.Then you can download
> netboot and it should work. I know others in here are more expert than me.
> I got all those from this list.
  Packet drivers don't help for booting from an actual rom. Thanks anyway.
Also, I stumbled into D-Link trying to pull a fast one. The 530TX I
originally started doing my work with is a Rhine wanna-be. But, the new
batch of cards we just got in for this lab at 530TX+. The + is nicely
obscured by a hole in the board. It is a RealTek 8139 though. So we should
be good with the existing realtek driver. However, if there is interest I
will take this 530TX(Rhine) and work on a driver for it.
  - Nick Lopez