Re: LinkSys LNE100TX Card and EPROM Burner

Rudhuwan Abu Bakar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have running into the same problem using DLINK DFE538 NIC. I can  boot
> using a floppy but when I program the eprom( 27c512), the bios seems can't
> detect the eprom presence. I have ask DLINK abou tthis.They seem
> cluesless. I am just wondering what is the DLINK DFE538 ID if any?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> duan
>
> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Marty Connor wrote:

I tried a  DLINK PCI card. with DEC chipset and tulipclone  It runs but my card
has different Vendor and Device  ID than the
default  contained  in Etherboot. Please have a lock.

Normally I use ..C256  eprom.. But I alwasy burn the 16k  rom images twice into
the  32k Eproms.
Try to burn the code 4th to the  ..c512 eprom.  You never know what the hardware
do.
But Vendor-ID and Device-ID must be set correct.
If you have any old ISA-card with  eprom socket  you can try to put it in there
to confirm thar your Eprom is
OK.   It seems PCI-Roms in ISA-cards run without checking the  ID's .

Wolfgang