Re: flashing award bios on MES-N

> Hello,
>
> I have been watching this list for a couple of weeks, and I
> have seen some mention of the Asus MES-N motherboard and flashing
> it with Etherboot code.
>
> I've got a couple of these motherboards, and would like to begin
> that process.
> Currently, I'm using these with SMC1211TX 10/100 cards, and they
> are working pretty well, I'd like to eliminate the extra card.
>
> How do I get started?

Try to find out how much space is left (if its a 2Mbit BIOS-Chip, then
there should be some kByte left :-)) or delete the antivirus shit or
remove SCSI bios, if you dont intent to use it.

> My award bios is version 6.0
>
> Where can I get the cbrom utility, and which version do I need?
> I have searched the Asus/Phoenix website and have not found
> the utility.

Dont speak with marketing, they dont give you any hint. I tried it, but it
was desatrous :-))

http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/jwb/cbrom.exe

> Once I get this working, what is the best way to build lots
> of these?  Do I have to plug a floppy drive into each board
> and program them individually?

Yes, or you rmeove the chips and with running board you could plug in one
after another with one run of the flashing tool. Its a little bit risky,
but by now I succeeded ...

Ciao,
	Dirk