Re: AWARD V6.0 BIOS and cbrom

Dirk von Suchodoletz wrote:

>  >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried to patch the AWARD Bios in my ASUS MES-N  NLX board  with
> > cbrom.   This  don't work.! Intel 82558  Lan on board.  Floppy boot
> > works., but the patched ROM code
> > with cbrom  mybios.bin /isa image.rom D000:0
> > could not be found in the bios if you flash ,  no TCP boot runs.
> > Checking the BIOS  RAM  with
> >  DOS debug  nothing is in. No SHADOW RAM  problem!.
> > Other replacements like epa work.
>
> I had the same problem with ASUS NLX and an older yakumo (Intel-VX-Board).
> I was able to apply the code (with NLX-Board cbrom sayed: BIOS to old for
> /pci option).

What ASUS NLX bourd  did you use.  For me cbrom with /pci  also displays a
warnig for
old bios and  does no patch. What did you use and what ASUS NLX board was ist.
Older boards
 like P2B-N seem to have 4.51 Award bios.

I tried it with cbrom6  but it do not work - same result as before.

Anybody some ideas.

Thanks Wolfgang