Re: AWARD V6.0 BIOS and cbrom

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to patch the AWARD Bios in my ASUS MES-N  NLX board  with
> cbrom.   This  don't work.! Intel 82558  Lan on board.  Floppy boot
> works., but the patched ROM code
> with cbrom  mybios.bin /isa image.rom D000:0
> could not be found in the bios if you flash ,  no TCP boot runs.
> Checking the BIOS  RAM  with
>  DOS debug  nothing is in. No SHADOW RAM  problem!.
> Other replacements like epa work.

I had the same problem with ASUS NLX and an older yakumo (Intel-VX-Board).
I was able to apply the code (with NLX-Board cbrom sayed: BIOS to old for
/pci option).

> Now I hope I found at award.com.tw   the reason why it not works.  This
> board has a AWARD  v6.0
> BIOS and it seems  we need  cbrom6.exe .   cbrom.exe is for bios version
> 4.50.
>
> AWARD announce at Augist 6, 1999   CBRom.exe  Version 2.0
> as replacement for cbrom V1.2.x   and cbrom6.
>
> Do anybody know how to get the new version of cbrom and modbin where
> also a  modbin6.exe should exist.

http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/jwb/cbrom6.exe (modbin, dont know).

So long,
	  Dirk

PS: AMI isnt very helpful in the case and dont provide such a tool at all
   :-(