Re[2]: Etherbootcode in AWARD-Flash (successful placed) / Porblemswith AMI

> DvS> Its a relatively new one. Whats the concept of AMI? Do the
decompress the
> DvS> bios (and extensions) with the first startup into the right position or
> DvS> they only copy the content of BIOS into RAM, or map BIOS into memory?
> DvS> Are there special rules to place the additional code into AMI flash?
>
> My apologies, looks like you're right - new AMI BIOS'es require some
> utility to edit it unlike old versions. I'm trying to find out
> how to do that and what utilities would help. Did you try to ask
> whoever supply you with motherboards? Advantech gave us cbrom/awdflash
> for Award they use with their motherboards. I'll let you know if find
> anything.

Hi,
	I tried to commuicate with several board manufacturers about this
item / tool. PCChips never answered, gigabyte and asus weren't any helpful
and phoenix (owner of award) was rediculous: A marketing lady send me some
blabla but didn't even mention thats there a tool like "cbrom.exe" :-(

At the AMI website they write something about such a tool:
"Embed Utility - Allows OEMs to Embed Option ROMs into AMIBIOS"
But coudn't find anything for download ...

Ciao,
	Dirk