Re[2]: Etherbootcode in AWARD-Flash of Gigabyte board (successful placed)

Hello Dirk,

Sunday, October 31, 1999, 1:50:45 PM, you wrote:

DvS> Its a relatively new one. Whats the concept of AMI? Do the decompress the
DvS> bios (and extensions) with the first startup into the right position or
DvS> they only copy the content of BIOS into RAM, or map BIOS into memory?
DvS> Are there special rules to place the additional code into AMI flash?

My apologies, looks like you're right - new AMI BIOS'es require some
utility to edit it unlike old versions. I'm trying to find out
how to do that and what utilities would help. Did you try to ask
whoever supply you with motherboards? Advantech gave us cbrom/awdflash
for Award they use with their motherboards. I'll let you know if find
anything.

Best regards,
 ptkatcho                            mailto:ptkatcho@portal.ca