Re: Etherbootcode in AWARD-Flash of Gigabyte board (successfulplaced)

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Pavel Tkatchouk wrote:

> Hello Dirk,
>
> Sunday, October 31, 1999, 4:15:25 AM, you wrote:
>
> DvS> One problem remains: We have a set of boards with AMI bios and I would
> DvS> like to use the same procedure as described above. Does anybody know, if
> DvS> there is a tool like cbrom.exe for amibios? They mention something like
> DvS> that on their homepage, but I couldn't get hold of it ...
>
> What BIOS version do you have? Like I said in my previous post to edit
> AMI BIOS'es that come with my TME boards I don't need any special
> tools, just binary editor. Unless they change BIOS structure in recent
> versions?

Its a relatively new one. Whats the concept of AMI? Do the decompress the
bios (and extensions) with the first startup into the right position or
they only copy the content of BIOS into RAM, or map BIOS into memory?
Are there special rules to place the additional code into AMI flash?

Thanks,
	  Dirk