Re: New problem with 3c905b and Boot-ROM

Hi Greg,

>Ok, the immediate reboot is a symptom of the card not being set for MII
>transceiver mode to work around the 8kb mapping problem.  Did you boot each
>card in a machine via the Etherboot floppy disk first?  When the driver first

I'm guilty! I did not :(

>My guess would be that the one particular card ended up in a machine that
>was booted from an etherboot 3c90x.fd0 image on floppy....  But, that's
>just a guess :)

And you're right! The floppy is lying on the table and I believe it
found its way into the floppy drive in yesterday's desperate fight ;-)

The difference between the older revisions of the NIC's are the factory
settings. Revisions B and C worked right out of the box: plug a ROM,
configure dhcpd and boot. This changed with revision D.

Thanks a lot for your help Greg!

Marc