Re: LinkSys LNE100TX Card and EPROM Burner

I checked out the GALEP III Programmer.  $333US over here in the US.  I notice
that the socket on the LinkSys card is a 28 Pin socket.  I also notice that
the GALEP III Programmer has an accessory "Socket adaptor(s) for 28/32 Pin
PLCC EPROMs ($149US)".  Is this something I would need?  What does PLCC stand
for?

Any other alternative burners?  Any build it yourself kits?

Thanks
--Geoff