no init - kernel panic, please give me a hint [REPOST]

[sorry for the repost, I hadt my procmail file corrupt for several days]

Uff I'm moving further I got more luck with Etherboot and succeded to
boot kernel over network. Primaraly kernel didnt detect network card and
didnt mount root fs over NFS but after reconfiguration it does the job
now.

Now I stumbled over init starting. After mounting root FS it stops
writing panic cannot find init. I mounted this root directory locally on
the server and init and inittab seem to be in a right place. I also
tried appending "init=/sbin/init" to kernel parameters - no progress.

Please help if you encountered similiar problem.

Bartek

PS
kernel 2.2.5 (RH60)