Re: little luck with netboot - loader error 3C

Hello,

Bartlomiej Jarocki <bartek@itam.zabrze.pl> wrote:
> I've read in netboot/doc/PROBLEMS that 3C error stands for access
> violation - ??? strange 'cos I can download it with tftp from the same
> IP.

Error 3C will be returned only when netboot receives an error packet
from the server with the EACCESS error code. You should check any logs
on your server to find out why it doesn't want netboot to access the
boot image file. However, I can't guarantee that there isn't a bug in
netboot also causing 3C error return. Therefore, if you can't find out
any reason on your server, try using tcpdump or something similar to
see if the server really responds with a proper TFTP error packet.

gero.

--
Oh what wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face...
  - a prisoner in "Life of Brian"