little luck with netboot - loader error 3C

Hello All!

I took up another attempt to netboot Linux in my LAN. I'm trying to boot
with netboot 0.9.0e (floppy bootrom for dec 21143 also called tulip)
from Redhat 6.0 kernel 2.2.5. network is 192.168.0.0/16.

Client side gets right IP of client and server side and bootimage file
name (both from bootpd as well as dhcpd) but then "loader error 3C"
appears and it stops.

I checked tftpd server with tftp utility locally and from network -
works. I tried original tfptd from redhat 6.0 and also the one from
netboot home page - no difference both work with tftp none with netboot.

Arp entries appear correctly after setarp from bootpd.

I've read in netboot/doc/PROBLEMS that 3C error stands for access
violation - ??? strange 'cos I can download it with tftp from the same
IP.

Please give me a hint.

TIA,

Bartek