Re: 3com 3c980

Hello,

Gary Jackson <bargle@umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:
> >At least with their 3C905B cards 3Com is shipping packet drivers, even
> >if they say on their web site that a packet driver isn't available yet.
>
> Is that the same file as /pub/nic/3c90x/3c90xpkt.exe?

3c90xpkt.exe is probably a self-expanding archive, as the packet driver
itself is called 3c90xpkt.com.

> I was tempted to try it with the 980, but I don't want to damage the
> card.  Is that a completely preposterous idea?

Probably the only people being able to tell you that before trying it
are those at 3Com. You might simply try their hotline as outlined in the
documentation which comes with the card.

gero.

--
The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
Christian Religion.			- George Washington