Re: Etherboot probe failure with 3c509B

>To cut a long story short, I found if I inserted a
>DELAY(1000) macro in
>the get_eeprom_data() for() loop the NIC was always
>detected instantly
>and the BOOTP and TFTP transfers proceed correctly.

I thought as much. Some 3c509s seem to need longer delays. Also the
DELAY macro might not be accurate. I might just get it to delay 1/18
second using the RTC. I'll fix this for 4.2.3. In the meantime please
patch the source.

>I haven't dug anymore to to see if there are other
>places where logically
>a delay might be necessary in the I/O instructions -
> has anybody else?

If anybody finds other places a greater delay helps, please email me.

	Cheers, Ken