Re: Netboot + Advantec

Ian Leonard writes:
 > I agree, but it was they only way I could make it work.

I had a look at msys's website and it appears that they have some
technical documentation and a Linux driver (albeit, a driver for 2.0.x
kernels only). Assuming that you really have an MSYS DOC, this should
help getting you started:

http://www.m-sys.com/files/mdocds.pdf
http://www.m-sys.com/files/imdoc_linux.pdf
http://www.m-sys.com/files/drivers/linux/doclinux_1_21.zip
http://www.m-sys.com/files/app030.pdf
http://www.m-sys.com/files/app031.pdf

You might also want to try getting the BDK (boot development kit). It
appears that the DOC bootstraps a 8kB (or 16kB) BIOS driver that will
then continue booting your OS. For Linux, you will then have to
install some special driver software that allows Linux to access an
ext2fs on the DOC. Dos and windows can apparently use the BIOS driver.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature