Re: tftp error: Image file too large for low memory.

At 15:48 25/05/99 -0500, Gary Maltzen wrote:
>IIRC, the LanWorks boot ROM/flash (SMC8000, EEPro+) doesn't support PXE and
>they only load into conventional (<640K) memory.

yep : you're right : PPL interested should in this should check :

http://www.patoche.org/LTT/all/00000096.html
Diskless booting with LanWorks BootWare PROMs

and check root-nfs by the way : I never heard of a supported method to send
a root filesystem to a diskless flashless lanworks booted kernel an initial
root filesystem, whether initrd.gzed or not -if anyone has informations,
I'd be glad to hear them !. If you need this, this about loadlin 1.6 over
DOS : ugly, but it works !

I also read things in formerly-lanworks now 3Com site but can't remember
where
--
Pierre MONDIE : SSR : 74-78