Netboot with DEC DC21140 Network-Card

Hi there !

Does anyone also have problems with this card ?

I have compiled the Kernel for the Client with all
necessary things (tcp/ip, nfs, root over nfs and the
tulip driver(v0.89) ).

After that I created the bootimage with
	mknbi-linux -i rom -d rom -k zImage -o bootimage

and stored the bootimage in /boot

My BOOTP-Setup seems to be correct, so then I
boot the Client with the Bootdisc (created with
makerom and the pocket driver etherpci.com)
it starts correctly.

The Client make the BOOTP-call and gets his
and ther servers ip-number and the bootimage
comes per tftp.

After uncompressing the kernel is starting up to
the point there it wants to mount the root
filesystem. It only prompts:
	NFS-Server (191.168.1.1) not responding, still trying.
While booting i monitored eth0: on the server.
I saw the bootp-request and how the bootimage was sent,
but no nfs-request from the client.

Someone told me, that the autoprobing of the
media type might be the problem, but i found
no way to tell the kernel at boot-up
the correct values.

Nothing in the Bootprompt-Howto or in the
Ethernet-HOWto or in the Tulip-Doku.

Has someone experienced this problem or have
i made some stupid error ?

Oh yes, I´m running SuSe6.0 if that helps.

Thx in advance,

Tobias Wolf