Programming Flash Proms for the 3c905B

Hi,

Thomas Schindler just forwarded me part of an e-mail message from
Donald Becker. It contains information on how to program the Flash
Prom on 3c905B cards. I believe several people asked for this
information:

Donald Becker <becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
 > Thomas M. Schindler <cns.schindler@cityweb.de> writes:
 > > Another question: Do you know about a free "bootp-firmware"
 > > implementation for the 3C905B which can be flashed or programmed in
 > > an eprom ??
 >
 > Use the "etherboot" package.
 >
 > The '905B accepts an Atmel Flash part.
 > The 'vortex-diag' program has lightly-documented features to read and
 > write a flash image file.  (-B  -L LOADFILE  -S SAVEFILE)

The source code for vortex-diag can be obtained from
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/vortex-diag.c You will have to
compile with the -DLIBFLASH option and link against
ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/diag/libflash.c

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature