Re: We should not force people to post in English

Oscar Stiffelman writes:
 > There is no reason to demand that people only post in English, *especially*
 > for an international list.
[snip]
 > One downside of Udo's posting in German is that his audience is restricted,

While I don't feel too strongly either way, I'd tend to agree with
Oscar's opinion. In the past there have been occasional non-English
postings to this list and that usually worked just fine. I'd hope it
isn't neccessary to impose any kind of policy decision on this. People
are encouraged to post in English (for obvious reasons), but an
occasional non-English posting should not cause too much trouble for
any of the subscribers and it might help those users who feel very
awkward posting in English. If there is any real demand for it, I'd
volunteer to translate German postings to English.

As this is getting off topic, please reply to me in person (e.g. if
you want to take me up on the offer of translating postings).

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature