Re: 21041/arp/tftp

Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Mack <vasquez@w270.de> wrote:
> > I played with netboot, recompiling the bootrom stuff. Still
> > the same. I inserted some printfs and apparently the
> > tftp_open:send_req:udp_write:undi_something fails. Now
> > I don't have a clue about assembler and I'm basically stuck.
>
> Which version of netboot are you using? Unfortunately there is a compiler
> bug showing up in the second 0.9 preview which caused ARP to fail and generate
> a timeout. I've corrected this bug with the third preview version, which
> can be found as
>
> http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot/files/netboot-0.9.0c.tar.gz

I'm using netboot 0.7.3 and just after the bootp-server gives my client
the filename of the bootimage the client stops telling me that an "TFTP:
ARP timeout"-error occured.
It worked one year ago but now it doesn't. I don't remember my config
from that time.

Any Idea ???

Client is i386 with NE2000. Server is P100 with 2* NE2000.

--------------------------------------

# Sample bootptab file (domain=mad.de)

.net:ht=ethernet:dn=nn.mad.de:hd=/usr/local/tftpboot/rootfs:
#.net:ht=ethernet:vm=auto:dn=nn.mad.de:hd=/usr/local/tftpboot/rootfs:

# Für Linux 2.0.30 als Net-Node
n1:tc=.net:ip=192.168.3.1:ha=0000B483B2B8:bf=bootImage.i386:

tftp    dgram   udp     wait    nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.tftpd
/usr/local/tftp boot
bootps  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/bootpd bootpd -d4 -c
/usr/local/tftpboot

Any Idea's ???

Jan