Re: 3com etherlink/II

>  Also, could it be possible to squeze linux into 4Mb ram (diskless). It
> only has to be able to do telnets to the server.. (and off course mount
> the root via nfs)

Sure -- just make a kernel that's stripped down to the bare minimum -- no
extra filesystems, no PPP/SLIP, only the appropriate network card, etc.
I have several systems running as diskless X-terminals with 8MB, so 4
should be fine without X.  I have also played around with networked swap
space with varying amounts of success -- you probably won't need it.  Also
make sure that in your startup script for the diskless machine, you don't
run anything that's not absolutely needed.  (For example: you probably
don't need to allow logins INTO the diskless machine, so inetd & friends
can be dumped.)

--Mike