Re: netboot 0.9 problem

Hello,

You (Doug Clements) wrote:
> I compiled and installed netboot ok, but when I try to make the bootrom,
> I get the following error:
>
> spike:~/netboot# make bootrom
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/netboot/makerom'
> makerom: [1490] invalid parameter

Ups... should never happen... ;-))  Well, after testing this netboot
preview I received some more network driver descriptions, and just put
them into the database without further testing...

In the file netboot/misc/difs/intel.dif find all lines with the string

	driverdesc="<something>"

They should all be preceded by a line like

	[driver:<some name>]

However, at some places, it reads

	[card:<some name>]

which is incorrect. Please change the string "card" into the string
"driver". It should be necessary at two or three places within the above
mentioned file. The difference is that the "card" section specifies
properties of a particular network card, while the "driver" section
specifies properties for some network driver for this card. The "driverdesc"
parameter should only appear within a "driver" section.

Also, there is an error in the file netboot/misc/difs/misc.dif at line
42, which reads

	drvtype = NDIS

but which has to read

	drvtype = ndis driver

I'm extremely sorry for this inconvenience. This incident once again
shows that it's better to test everything after even the slightest
change. I've copied a corrected tar archive onto the netboot home
site.

Thanks a lot Doug for letting me know about this mishap. I will also
forward this mail into the netboot mailing list.

gero.

--
If people think nature is their friend, then they sure don't need an enemy.
  - Kurt Vonnegut