Re: nfs as root and fileperms

>After i (sort of) got my dos up'n running with netbooting, i decided
>to try and get linux to boot diskles. So far i've managed to get the
>kernel loaded, and the root mounted. But then it starts complaining
>about permisions.. So i've got 2 questions:
>
> 1. Who should own the files for the nfs root??
> 2. What should the permisions be??

Same as for any diskfull system. The owners should be the appropriate
one and the permissions the appropriate ones. The partition must be
exported rw and no_root_squash.

>I have taken a copy of /etc /bin /sbin /lib of my server (just as a
>starting point) and copied it all to /nfsroots/term2 which should be
>the root of the machine term2. Is this approach ok?

Yes, more or less. Don't forget also /dev, /proc and /tmp. And you have
to change critical config files in /etc, especially the ones that set
the network identity of the diskless machine. See

	http://www.slug.org.au/etherboot/doc/html/diskless.html

for how to make a NFS root quickly.