Re: nfs as root and fileperms

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Ken Yap wrote:

> Same as for any diskfull system. The owners should be the appropriate
> one and the permissions the appropriate ones. The partition must be
> exported rw and no_root_squash.

AHH!! it helped when i stoped squashing the root :) Now i have the machine
up'n running :)

> Yes, more or less. Don't forget also /dev, /proc and /tmp. And you have
> to change critical config files in /etc, especially the ones that set
> the network identity of the diskless machine. See

I didn't mention /dev /proc /tmp, because they are not direct copies of
the server's dir's. I made dev with the makedev script.

 It all works fine now (for the linux booting part)...
Thanks for the help

Thomas Mørch
licensed ham, with callsign OZ2AFO. License category: CEPT-1

If God had intended man to smoke He would have set him on fire.