Re: RFC's relevant to Etherboot and Netboot and tftp packet size

Mike Hammer writes:
 > So it seems Etherboot-3.2 supports TFTP extensions in the area of
 > blocksize and timeout?  If so then i better use the "new" tftpd
 > included with Etherboot-3.2 package.  Just how big of blocksize
 > will Etherboot-3.2's tftp client go upto and the timeout?

Etherboot does not support the timeout parameter, since I believe
implementing RFC951 already handles most timeout needs very
nicely. The blocksize parameter can go up to 1432 bytes, which is the
largest meaningful blocksize if you do not want to handle segmentation
of datagrams.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature