netboot-0.7.2 and x86 kernel

THis is a resent message, I didn't see my previous posting, apologies if it's
already come out.

I'm trying to create a netboot rom for an 80286 computer.  Downloaded netboot
0.7.2, tested it out on my Pentium workstation.  Works fine if the floppy
image is created using the standard or minimal kernels, byt fails if created
with the x86 kernel.  Haven't tried a rom yet.

The system prints:

netboot...
uncompressing...
error: format

>From the code this means that an error was found in the compressed image.
Can't understand this since the loader uncompresses the standard kernel ok,
and the make process compresses the standard kernel ok too.

Can somebody help?

tia,
louis.

Dr. L. Zammit Mangion,