mknobi -a <append> format

Hi,

(Linux 2.0 - more than 64 MB RAM - how to pass mem-command to kernel
with mknbi?)

I now have more than 64 MB of RAM (180 MB) and need to tell the kernel
to make it acknowledge it. As described in the
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help - file
giving 'mem=180M' to LILO works - when I'm running LILO.

I of course want to bring this info to the kernel in the netboot case.

The mknbi -a <append> option should make this possible, if I understand
the man mknbi corrrectly.

But I have some problems making it work:

1. mknbi <other options..> -a 'mem=180M' <more options..>

--> The image boots, but response is just the same as if I hadn't
included the -a.
(Only 64 MB is found.)

2. echo 'mem=180M' > some.file;  mknbi <other options...> -a
./some.file  <other options...>

-- > It boots, but again the mem-option seems to be ignored.

Could anyone please show me the correct way to pass this mem info to the
kernel?

Cheers,
Anders E. Topper