Re: etherboot-3.2

Ken Yap writes:
 > >I Have Two (2) NIC Type Intel EtherExpress PRO/10+
 > >Can You Tell-me If In The Futures Releases This One
 > >Will Be Include ??? or I Must Use "netboot-0.7.2" ???
 >
 > It depends on whether someone has the time to write a driver. Obviously
 > that person has to have the hardware too. Etherboot is a volunteer
 > effort.
 >
 > >Personaly I Chose Your etherboot-3.2 !!!
 > >Can You Tell-me If The Driver I Use In My Kernel-2.0.32eepro.c
 > >"/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/eepro.c" From Linus
 > >Can Be Used In Your Souce Code ???
 >
 > No, the structure of Linux and Etherboot are quite different for
 > reasons too long to explain here.
 >
 > >Can You Also Tell-me Why When I Compile I Get a Error
 > >When It Use "objdump" (I Think I Have a New Version of It)
 > >Because It Can Not Recognize The Flags " -k -q -o "
 > >I Hope You Can Help-me In My Questions ...
 >
 > Somebody had this problem too. Apparently they (FSF) removed the -k
 > flag in the new version of objdump. I don't know why or what they
 > expect people to use instead. I suggest using an older version of
 > objdump for now.
 >
 > Have you joined the Netboot mailing list? There are experts in that
 > mailing list who know more than I do.
 >
 > 	http://www.syd.dit.csiro.au/staff/ken/personal/etherboot/
 >
 > 	Cheers, Ken

This question seems to come up more frequently. Maybe, for future
releases of etherboot we should consider either bundling a (binary)
copy of "objdump" (is that OK with its distribution license?) or make
a copy available from the Web page?

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature