Re: Problem with DOS, ok with Linux

Hello,

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Alexander Keller <keller@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
>
> > After creating a DOS-bootimage according to
> > INSTALL (from a floppy, just formated /s and tested), changing the
> > bf=... statement to the new bootimage I tried to boot DOS.
> >
> > The bootimage was correctly loaded by tftp but not executed.
> > Both of the systems hang (3Com Card and NE2000 card) after
> > displaying a message.
>
> What message is it? What kind of DOS are you using (MS-DOS, DR-DOS, OpenDos,
> FreeDos), and what version is it? So far, mknbi-dos has only been tested with
> MS-DOS, version 5.x and higher. Older versions are not supported (4.x and
> earlier are missing some features required by the mknbi-dos loader). FreeDos
> definitely doesn't work, and probably never will. Regarding DR-DOS and OpenDos
> (which are IMHO the same) I have no reports about their compatibility with
> mknbi-dos.

The message is similar to: executing dosimage....or something like that

I tried to install the latest netboot package
again on another server (my linux laptop)
and had the same problems with another client (486 DX 66,3COM CARD).
Linux works without any problems, the dos image is transferred to the
client, a message about executing follows and then the system hangs.

I have tried different DOS-boot disks,
MS-DOS 6.22 created with format a: /s
an Win95 created the same way.

Who knows help??