Re: bootprom for intel etherexpress PCI100+

Rogier Wolff writes:
 > I wrote the etherboot-driver for the Intel Etherexpress Pro 100B card.
 > I was told that a 28C257 chip works. From the number I vaguely get the
 > hunch that this is a flash chip. I haven't the foggiest how to program
 > it on the board: I haven't ever had a PROM on the card......

I cannot find any information on this part number. Can you check that
it is correct? 28xxx suggests that this is a Intel chip, but I can
only find 28F256, which (according to http://www.national.com) is a
256MBit (32MB) flash chip. It sounds very unlikely that somebody
wanted to store 32MB on a boot Prom.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature