Re: Problem with booting DOS, Linux goes ok...

    Andrzej> Hello!  I've got the problem with booting DOS via
    Andrzej> etherboot package. I burned Eproms with binary images I

    Andrzej> ...Linux boots up, M$DOS don't... :(

I've had the same symptoms - Linux works, DOS doesn't - with an ancient
386, until I gave it an old MFM controller with nothing attached to it
(there's no FD, no HD in that machine) which was odd, 'cause now I had
a seriell IO-card for the mouse, an ethernet card, a VGA and and the
MFM... Then a friend offered me his old multi-io with an IDE
controller on it. Everything works fine since then with "only" three
cards.
I wouldn't expect that kind of problem with newer main boards, that
have IDE controller on-board.