Re: NetBoot Package problem

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jun_11_11:37:45_1997-1

Andrzej Adam Gab writes:
 > On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 markus@infoscape.com wrote:
 >
 > > I attached a copy of the file that I have been using last. As my
 > > machine is not yet set up again, I cannot really tell, what is in the
 > > image though. I believe, it contains DOS plus some networking stuff.
 >
 > 	but I also can't boot it up... :((((((((
 >
 > > If you still have problems, I would suggest that you put debugging
 > > messages into mknbi-dos/first.S; this is the first code that is
 > > executed after downloading the image.
 >
 > I've done it and got nothing - the computer hangs - it didn't print any
 > debug message... :((( I don't know what's going on... I tried two
 > BootROMs and several images. Sometimes with your image file it resets,
 > sometimes hangs - with my images it always hangs...

I am really at a loss as to what your problem may be. Everything that
I can possibly think of, would make both booting Linux and booting DOS
impossible. I do not see, why only DOS fails to work for you. The
image that I sent you is known to be good on my machine.

I suggest that you subscribe to the mailinglist at
netboot-request@baghira.han.de; maybe somebody else has a good
idea. Apart from that, the general advise is: 1) get the most recent
version of "etherboot" or "netboot" from "ftp://sunsite.unc.edu" and
burn a new EPROM. If it still does not work, play around with the BIOS
settings. The settings for "Gate A20" and "cacheable region" are
probably the most crucial ones.

Good luck,

Markus

P.S.: I cc'd the list on this, but to the best of my knowledge Andrzej
      is not yet subscribed to it. Please cc him on future communications.

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does not
            constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jun_11_11:37:45_1997-1

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBM57wfBqJqDLErwMxAQGHGAP/R/Cz9kVRY7CBblN7Molio6Fp+VHhlG0d
4C+k4RWs2vKwjz1jeqROCiDWFV/PvO8BOiqWTSBwVWtJo3NUs6pWz6UFf+S/rurq
8kF1XK/bcJMB/cFWXn7mc0mlhAOMQV+ngnqc0ydxP6U9Ttr0JzWOhsyTRpIRwvUF
0hMbvvygptA=
=yfzE
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jun_11_11:37:45_1997-1--