Booting with PCI NE2k

Hello,

I use etherboot for many of my terminals without a problem but now I run into a
problem which I can not solve and I did not even found any note about it in
newsgroups or search engines.

One of my terminals now got a PCI ethernet card which works fine if I boot Linux
from bootdisks. Just the boot loader can't detect the card.

It is a NE2k clone (and Linux detects it as a NE2k card) and it even has a PROM
socket but it gets not detected by any boot loader I tried.
I think the problem comes from the I/O port which gets automatically set to
0xe400 (by the PCI BIOS) with this PCI card (at least in my special case).
With ISA cards I/O is defined from 0x0000 - 0x1fff I think. Just PCI moves that
I/O ports to that high addresses. :-/

Has anyone an idea how this card could be used with a boot loader?

Harry